My 9 tips to try to help cut down and get rid the triggers around you:
- Cut down on screen time- phones, laptops, Ipads, TV.
- Get outside! Fresh air, vitamin D get us breathing better and clears our head.
- Breathe– Deep breaths in and out. Counting to 4 as you go.
- Letting go of negativity and all the questions we can’t and don’t need to answer. This thing I can’t stop thinking about- am I going to face it or am I going to let it go?
- Plan– write lists, write letters you wont send, get it out of your head.
- Remember you do not have to carry others problems or negative energy. We can be supportive, while guarding our own.
- Grounding is a skill worth putting time into- E.g. Sit up, close your eyes, feet firmly on the floor, imagine tree roots coming out of your feet, imagine them earthing into the ground!
- Sleep– Clean up your sleep routine! Give yourself time to wind down before sleep, allow yourself enough time to wake up in the morning.
- Clear your sleep space, de-clutter if needed! There are even people to declutter for you! (Hallelujah!)